WhatsApp is much more than a texting app. This app can be used for business purposes by users.
The greeting message is a WhatsApp business feature that can be sent automatically to customers when they send a message for the first time or after 14 days of inactivity.
It is a method of automatically engaging with customers. If you have a WhatsApp business account and need to learn how to set up greeting messages on WhatsApp, keep reading to learn how to engage more with your customers in this way.
Why do we need to set up greeting messages on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is a popular app used for business purposes which allows one to communicate with customers and keep in touch with them.
Since it is friendly-use and quick, most customers prefer WhatsApp even for business.
Here are the reasons why business users of WhatsApp need to send a greeting message to their customers:
+ 6 reasons for setting up greeting messages on WhatsApp
1. The first and foremost reason is to give a better first impression.
2. To update clients on unforeseen developments.
3. To follow up with some disappointed customers.
4. To establish timelines for responses.
5. To gather client information for context and leads.
6. To celebrate holidays and unique occasions.
After getting information about the importance of sending greeting messages on WhatsApp, let’s see how we can set up greeting messages on WhatsApp in the next section.
How to set up greeting messages in WhatsApp?
We have separate sections with instructions for Android and iOS users to set up WhatsApp greeting messages.
Join us in the following text to learn:
+ 5 simple steps to set a WhatsApp greeting message On Android
Step 1: Select Greeting message under More options > Settings > Business settings.
Step 2: Activate the Send Greetings option.
Step 3: Tap the message to make changes.
Step 4: Tap Recipients and pick one of the following:
· Everyone is to reply with a greeting to anyone who messages you after a work time.
· Everyone not in your address book sends the welcome message to senders outside your address book.
· Everyone except…Send the greeting to all senders aside from the ones you choose.
· Only send to… will send the greeting to the chosen recipients.
Step 5: Click SAVE.
+ 4 easy steps to set a WhatsApp greeting message On iOS
Step 1: Greeting Message can be found under Settings > Business Settings.
Step 2: Activate the Send Greetings option.
Step 3: Tap the message to edit it, then tap Save under Message.
Step 4: Since in this stage you have 4 options to choose from, select one of the following under Recipients:
· Everyone is to reply with a greeting to anyone who sends messages to you.
· Exclude my contacts to send the welcome message to those outside your address book.
· Everyone except… to send the greeting to all senders besides those you choose.
· Only send to… will send the greeting to the recipients you choose.
Remember to send a greeting message; your phone should be connected to the internet, although it is automatic.
Your customers will receive a greeting message when they message you for the first time or after 14 days of inactivity.
After understanding how to set up greeting messages on WhatsApp, you may need some ideas for welcome messages. Keep reading this article to learn some of those ideas in this article.
+ 3 Ideas for greeting messages on WhatsApp
Depending on your business account on WhatsApp, you need to write different and related greeting messages.
Here are some ideas:
1. Hello! Thank you for contacting [Your Business Name]. How can we assist you today?
2. Welcome to [Your Business Name] WhatsApp. We are delighted to have you here. How can we help you?
Messages sent while you are not available
1. Hello! You have reached [the company name]. At this time, we are unable to respond. Our operating hours during this holiday are [operating hours]. Within the following 24 hours, you should expect a response.
2. “I appreciate your message. We are not here right now. We are open during [business hours]. We will respond to you on the following business day. Thank you [company name].”
Some businesses should provide customer support, and in this way, customers may message you for support.
You can welcome them with these messages:
1. “I appreciate your message. Our customer service team will be here for you immediately. “
2. “You sent a message to (business name) customer services. Contact [phone number] right away if you need assistance.”
WhatsApp is a practical and free application for both personal and business purposes. Based on its popularity, people in business prefer using WhatsApp to keep in touch with their customers.
Sending a greeting message on WhatsApp helps to engage more with customers.
In this article, we provide you with the information to set up greeting messages on WhatsApp.
If you have any questions regarding this case, don’t hesitate to contact us in the comment section.