Telegram Statistics in 2023 Usage, Revenue & Facts
Are you curious about the current state of Telegram in 2023?
As one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, it’s no surprise that people are eager to learn more about the statistics, usage, revenue, and overall facts behind this platform.
This article deeply explores the data to comprehensively understand Telegram Statistics in 2023 Usage and Revenue and Facts and its user base, demographics, revenue, features, and competitors.
So please sit back, relax, and explore the world of Telegram statistics together.
The world of Telegram statistics
1. User Base
To speak about Telegram Statistics in 2023 Usage, Revenue & Facts, one of the most factors is the Telegrams user vase:
· As of 2023, Telegram boasts an impressive 700 million monthly active users, projected to reach over one billion users by the end of the year.
· In 2022, Telegram had 430 million overall downloads, making it the third most downloaded messenger app worldwide, following WhatsApp and Snapchat.
· Based on downloads, India, Russia, and the United States were the app’s leading markets in 2022.
· Telegram is the most popular messaging app in Iran and Uzbekistan, with over 50% market share in each country.
• In 2023, the male-to-female user ratio on Telegram is 58.6% to 41.4%, respectively.
• Most of Telegram’s users are young adults, with 35% between 18 and 24 years old and 29% between 25 and 34 years old.
• Telegram’s user base is geographically diverse, with Asia representing the largest group of users at 38%, Europe at 27%, Latin America at 21%, and the Middle East and North Africa at 8%.
• The top five countries by number of Telegram users are India (110 million), Russia (70 million), Indonesia (50 million), Brazil (40 million), and Iran (40 million).
• Telegram is valued at $30 billion as of January 2021, according to its CEO, Pavel Durov.
• Telegram does not sell ads or collect user data for monetization purposes.
It relies on private funding from Durov and user donations to cover its operational costs.
• Telegram has stated that it would turn to a freemium model to raise revenue if necessary, offering some premium features for a fee while keeping the core functionality free for all users.
• Telegram raised over $1 billion in bond sales from investors in March 2021 after abandoning its plans to launch its Gram cryptocurrency due to regulatory hurdles.
• Telegram is known for its high level of encryption and security, allowing users to have secret chats stored on devices instead of the cloud, and set messages to self-destruct after a certain time.
• Telegram also offers cloud-based chats that can be accessed from multiple devices and synced across them.
• Users can also edit or delete messages after sending them.
• Telegram supports group chats with up to 200,000 members, channels with unlimited subscribers; voice chats with up to 30 participants, video calls with up to 1000 viewers, and live streams with unlimited viewers.
• Telegram has an open API that allows developers to create their apps, bots, and stickers for the platform.
• Over 400,000 bots and over 20,000 stickers are available on Telegram as of 2023.
• Telegram’s main competitors are WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Signal, WeChat, Line, Viber, and Kik.
• WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app globally, with over two billion monthly active users as of 2023.
• This led to a surge in downloads for Telegram and Signal, which are seen as more privacy-friendly alternatives.
• With over 1.3 billion monthly active users in 2023, Facebook Messenger is the second most widely used messaging app globally.
• It offers similar features as Telegram, such as multimedia messages, voice and video calls, group chats, stickers, bots, and more.
• However, it faces criticism for its data collection practices and security breaches.
• Snapchat is the third most popular messaging app globally, with over 500 million monthly active users as of 2023.
• It is popular among younger audiences for its ephemeral messages, filters, lenses, stories, and discover content.
• However, it has been losing market share to Instagram and TikTok in recent years.
All Telegram users need to know Telegram statistics in 2023 because it helps them to have an overview of their performance.
We hope you enjoyed this article about Telegram Statistics in 2023 Usage and Revenue and Facts.
If you did, please share it with your friends or colleagues interested in learning more about this amazing platform.